|The problems described
below, reflects Poor Power Quality of Electrical System :
- Medium Rating Transformers Overheated at low loads or even
- Motors tripping on low load, overheated or even burning.
- Fuse switch overheated or flashing over.
- PCB or Electronic card or component failure.
- Lighting distribution system Neutral conductor burning out.
- Power measurement errors.
- Additional power losses.
- High neutral to ground voltages, resulting in failure of power
Sources of Harmonics :
- Transformer under no load & light loads
- Saturated Reactors
- Thyristor-controlled motor drives.
- Arc furnaces
- Arc Welders
- Induction furnaces
- Gas-discharge lighting
- Electrolysis plants
- Energy conservation devices, e.g. Soft Starters, Electronic
Ballast & Fan Regulators
- Equipment with SMPS e.g. TV receivers, PCs
- Presence of "Harmonics" in
Voltage,Current & Power.
- "Sags & "Swells"
in Voltage output.
- Inrush current.
- Unbalance Distribution.
We support :
- Measurement of Power Quality with Precision
Power Quality Analyser.
- Analysis of data collected by Power Quality
- Carry out Harmonic Filter Design using
- ETAP (Electrical Transient Analyser Programme)
- ATP (Alternative Transient Programme)
- Assist in Procurement and Commissioning of
Harmonic filter equipment.
Capabilities of Power Quality Analyser :
- Harmonics (Voltage, Current & Power) from
1st to 51st & Total Harmonic distortion (THD)
- K factor
- C factor (Crest factor)
- True RMS Values for Voltage & current
- Recording of Voltage Sags & Swells
- Recording of Watts, VA, VAR, PF, DPF, & Frequency
- Recording of Inrush current of
Transformer, Induction motor etc,from 1 sec to 5 minutes.
- Recording of Transients in the electrical
system due to switching (or) faults.
- All other parameter recordings can be from 4 minutes to 16 days.